Helios Protocol: An Infinitely Scalable Cryptocurrency And Smart Contract Platform
There are many ventured approaches to solving scaling problems such as reducing the interval between blocks, increasing the block size, handling transactions off-chain, using a directed acyclic graph (DAG) architecture, blockchain network sharding, etc. However, most of these solutions can only control on the order of 1000’s of transactions per second. It is a considerable improvement over bitcoin, but, it is still an order of magnitude less than the 24,000 transactions per second that the Visa network can present process. The Helios protocol intends to solve this problem by handling orders of magnitude higher transaction volume and being infinitely scalable into the future.
What is Helios Protocol?
The Helios Protocol is the next generation scalable decentralized blockchain protocol, smart contract, and decentralized application platform. It has been built from the ground up to solve the scaling problems and accomplish specific goals such as:
- To maintain all of the positive qualities of modern blockchain implementations, including trustlessness, immutability, and decentralization.
2. To be able to execute the same Turing entire programming languages as Ethereum. It will allow Ethereum dApps to be migrated to the Helios dApp platform without modification, which will dramatically quicken the adoption.
3. To be able to scale and handle transaction volume of the future while sustaining low transaction latency.
4. To have low transaction charges and maintain them into the future.
5. To have a consensus mechanism that is not requiring proof of work (PoW) and utilizes orders of magnitude less energy while being just as reliable. The consensus mechanism also needs to give the same level of reliability and security as PoW and be highly resistant to the centralization of power.
6. Allow the users to choose the order of their transactions rather than the block miners, and allow them to add a transaction to the blockchain specifically when they require.
Each wallet has its own blockchain, and all transactions are processed only on their respective blockchains (sender and receiver). It allows for parallel transactions and much faster, cheaper, and scalable network.
It will be based on the same language as Ethereum — Solidity — to maximize compatibility with existing Ethereum DApps
All ICO are subject to the centralization of the tokens. Whale investors can (and WILL) accumulate a large amount of tokens, and there is always a risk to have whales obtaining enough to represent 51% or more of the network (see EOS). To guarantee maximal decentralization, the Helios developers are issuing the tokens through bounties and rewards, and airdrops.
There is a total supply of 350,000,000 HLS token, and there is no allocation for a pre-sale or public sale. There is no ICO for this project to retain the distribution of tokens as decentralized as feasible. Sharing to community members, bounty participants, and dApp creators will all receive tokens for the Helios Protocol over the next three years. For the project to succeed, the tech must be tight, the team transparent, and the adoption wide-reaching. Most ICOs today are marketing 20 to 30% of their coins/tokens and holding the rest.
Helios protocol has been progressing continually. They’ve been listed to several exchanges already, and today, HLS, their native currency will be available on Atomars Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Atomars is recognized as an up and coming top tier exchange with spontaneous and exceptional UI. Talented and renowned technology personalities manage this project to become among the leading crypto exchanges of today. Their platform was just launched a few months ago but already have over USD 500,000 volume per day. And now, Helios Protocol is proudly announcing to conduct the first exchange of their mainnet coin at Atomars.
They have chosen an easy to use blockchain asset trading platform with high liquidity so that everyone globally can obtain HLS and use Helios platform.
Helios Official Links
Official Website: https://atomars.com